It’s been a crazy busy week catching up on work since I got back from my trip so I’m still working on my itinerary/travel guide post! In the meantime I thought I would make a post dedicated to what I packed for Hawaii.
I haven’t needed to do much/any shopping before trips or events [since I hope to have most of the essentials covered in my capsule wardrobe], but I did need a few things updated in my closet [like my denim shorts that were now too small for and my swimsuits that were mostly 6+ years old!] so I did end up doing some shopping.
While shopping for this trip [and I’m telling you these reminders as much I had to tell myself lol], I stayed away from anything too trendy or that was a one-time wear item and instead choose items I could see myself wearing over and over again. When you pack for a special occasion/trip that is out of the norm from your usual wardrobe, it’s easy to think you need to buy a whole bunch of new stuff–but you don’t!
What I ended up buying/bringing:
- Longer denim shorts [I’ve worn the AGOLDE Parker shorts for the last few years and after many try-ons, ultimately went with the Parker Long shorts-recommend sizing down one].
- A black bikini [which I LOVE!]. The last black bikini I bought was about 7 years ago and I was looking for something a little more chic.
- A sporty bikini. I wanted a swimsuit with a little more coverage for our active water activities and this one from Athleta worked out perfectly! Athleta is one of my favorite activewear brands and it was my first time ordering swimwear from them, and just like their other pieces, the quality and support is great! I also love how they have tops for A-C and D-DD cups since I often have a difficult time finding swim tops that provide enough coverage [I’m 32D and got the xs in the D top].
- Casual and chic summer dress. I was looking for a dress that would be perfect for Hawaii, but also perfect for any summer occasion–and I just love this one from ASTR The Label! It’s double-lined so it’s not see-through, and it’s so flowly and comfy! It can easily be dressed up with some jewelry and heels, or worn casually with sandals.
- I also bought a nice beach coverup but didn’t end up wearing/needing it. I recommend ditching the beach coverup and just sticking to a button up blouse and shorts!
I also bought a TON more stuff that I wanted to try out before ultimately deciding on these select pieces so I hope this helps save you time on shopping/packing! I also packed a couple pairs of pants with me but didn’t end up needing them at all because it was too hot! I did end up using my sweatshirt I brought as it was sometimes a little windy or chilly at night with just shorts and a tank.
[…] out my post here for everything I packed for […]