I recently took a poll on my stories asking if you guys would like to see a spring capsule with cool tones–and thousands of you voted ‘yes’!
You’ll find that many items overlap with my own spring capsule [with warm tones], with only a few items switched out so that the primary colors are shades of blue/gray. Neutral tones such as beige and brown accessories are also still included as accent colors as they compliment blue, and I think that gold contrasts beautifully with blues/grays/whites but I styled outfits with silver jewelry as well 🙂 Lastly, I switched up the matching set and dress for a floral print/more feminine example to show how pops of color and prints can still fit seamlessly into a capsule collection!
ABOUT CAPSULE WARDROBES
WHAT IS A CAPSULE WARDROBE?
A capsule wardrobe consists of a few essential items that don’t go out of style and can be augmented with seasonal pieces. Every capsule collection varies in size, but it is usually between 30-40 pieces that you wear for a season until you transition in new pieces to wear for the next season, and repeat.
A couple of important things to note:
- Don’t get stuck on the number of pieces you have in your collection! It’s not so much about the number of items you have as much as it’s about building a collection that works for YOU.
- This collection does not include everything in my wardrobe or everything I wear in a season. These are my essential pieces that allow me to easily style just about any outfit during the season, and the pieces that are on repeat probably 90% of the time.
A CAPSULE WARDROBE HELPS:
- Minimize and declutter your closet
- Save money in the long run [no throwing out clothes constantly to stay up with the ever-changing trends]
- Make it easy to style outfits [versatile pieces makes it easy to pair everything together!]
- Reduce the time you spend focusing on shopping, which allows you to increase the time you spend on other things!
EVERY CAPSULE COLLECTION IS UNIQUE!
Everyone’s style is different so your collection doesn’t have to look like just like mine [or anyone else’s]! I hope these posts are a source of inspiration but you do not need to feel like you have to have the same items to create your own wardrobe. Stick to pieces that you love and fit your body type.
HOW TO ELEVATE ANY OUTFIT
Jewelry/accessories are the key to elevating any outfit–and if you are looking for some great pieces–check out my jewelry line SOPHIYA or follow along on our IG page for styling inspo!:)
SHOP THE SPRING 2022 CAPSULE WARDROBE WITH COOL TONES [includes additional recommendations]:
*The exact jeans I have are the Everlane Original Cheeky in ecru & coal, and the 90 Cheeky Jeans in vintage mid-blue and light blue.
Great inspos as always. 🙂
Love this content! Thank you for including cool tones and the new outfit ideas! I’m hooked!