My fall 2022 capsule collection is here!
My french minimalist [minimal + smart casual} fall 2022 capsule wardrobe includes classic and elevated casual pieces with neutral shades and a pop or two or pattern.
I absolutely LOVED my wardrobe from last fall, and I was so happy to see almost all of my favorite capsule pieces restocked this year. The main updates I made to my 2022 capsule were: adding in a striped sweater for a pop of pattern, adding in a cardigan and cream coat for more casual and dressy occasions, and switching out my plain black sweatshirt for a graphic one for an edgier option.
Fall Capsule Wardrobe Recommendations
Below you will find a list of my fall capsule recommendations along with outfit styling/inspiration for each piece in the collection. Some items I own from previous years are out of stock so I’ve included a similar in-stock item to recommend.
You’ll find that I add in item descriptions under each item. I do this because it’s not necessarily about the specific product shown, but rather the type/style of an item [for example, a sweater vs a sweatshirt ]. You can use my product recommendations for guidance when shopping, but my hope is that you can use the staples from your own closet to create different outfits!
What Is A Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe consists of a few essential items that don’t go out of style and can be augmented with seasonal pieces. Every capsule collection varies in size, but it is usually between 20-40 pieces that you wear for a season until you transition in new pieces to wear for the next season, and repeat.
- Don’t get stuck on the number of pieces you have in your collection! It’s not so much about the number of items you have as much as it’s about building a collection that works for YOU.
- This collection does not include everything in my wardrobe or everything I wear in a season. These are my essential pieces that allow me to easily style just about any outfit during the season, and the pieces that are on repeat probably 90% of the time.
- Everyone’s style is different so your collection doesn’t have to look like just like mine [or anyone else’s]! I hope these posts are a source of inspiration but you do not need to feel like you have to have the same items to create your own wardrobe. Stick to pieces that you love and fit your body type.
BENEFITS OF A CAPSULE WARDROBE:
- Minimizes and declutters your closet
- Saves money in the long run [no throwing out clothes constantly to stay up with the ever-changing trends]
- Helps you effortlessly style outfits [versatile pieces makes it easy to pair everything together!]
- Reduces the time you spend focusing on shopping, which allows you to increase the time you spend on other things!
- And one of the most important factors [for me at least!]–It’s sustainable!
How To Elevate Any Outfit
Jewelry/accessories are the key to elevating minimal pieces/any outfit–and if you are looking for some great pieces–check out my jewelry line SOPHIYA or follow along on our IG page for styling inspo!:)
Interested In Learning More? *Fall 2022 e-book is launching Monday!*
If you are interested in learning more, or would like to have an all encompassing resource in one easy-to-access location, you can check out my capsule e-book store. My e-book includes tips on building your capsule wardrobe along with a visual guide of 100+ outfit ideas [for the whole season!].
A HUGE amount of effort goes into my capsule posts. If you found my posts helpful and would like to support my work, sharing/pinning is so appreciated and helps spread the word [and is FREE!].If you shop through any of the links on my blog, I may make a small commission and this helps support my blog/work, or you can also check out my e-book store! Thank you so much for the support!
SHOP THE FALL 2022 CAPSULE WARDROBE
*Items are list in priority of recommendation, so the first item shown is the item I own/most similar to the item I own, and then additional favorites/brand recommendations/different price range items are listed next.
This Reformation sweater was one of my favorite/most one items last year!