Happy spring everyone!! I’m currently writing this post from Japan (!) where I’m here with my sisters and a few friends to catch the cherry blossom festival. We just got in last night but it’s been amazing so far–and I’m especially amazed by the street style here in Tokyo! Everyone here dresses impeccably, and I love it’s about comfort, neutrals, and minimalist pieces (though I know some districts are all about maximalism!).
My spring 2023 capsule follows pretty closely to last year’s capsule, with only a few changes/additions [changing up a few pieces always helps mix things up a bit and keep your capsule feeling current!]. Because I live in California, my overall style falls pretty casual with some elevated pieces.
What Is A Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe consists of a few essential items that don’t go out of style and can be augmented with seasonal pieces. Every capsule collection varies in size, but it is usually between 20-40 pieces that you wear for a season until you transition in new pieces to wear for the next season, and repeat.
- Don’t get stuck on the number of pieces you have in your collection! It’s not so much about the number of items you have as much as it’s about building a collection that works for YOU.
- This collection does not include everything in my wardrobe or everything I wear in a season. These are my essential pieces that allow me to easily style just about any outfit during the season, and the pieces that are on repeat probably 90% of the time.
- Everyone’s style is different so your collection doesn’t have to look like just like mine [or anyone else’s]! I hope these posts are a source of inspiration but you do not need to feel like you have to have the same items to create your own wardrobe. For a capsule wardrobe to truly work for you, it’s important to stick with pieces that YOU love and fit your lifestyle, location and body type.
BENEFITS OF A CAPSULE WARDROBE:
- Minimizes and declutters your closet
- Saves money in the long run [no throwing out clothes constantly to stay up with the ever-changing trends]
- Helps you effortlessly style outfits [versatile pieces makes it easy to pair everything together!]
- Reduces the time you spend focusing on shopping, which allows you to increase the time you spend on other things!
- And one of the most important factors [for me at least!]–It’s sustainable!
How To Elevate Any Outfit
Jewelry/accessories are the key to elevating minimal pieces/any outfit–and if you are looking for some great pieces–check out my jewelry line SOPHIYA or follow along on our IG page for styling inspo!:)
Interested In Learning More? *The Spring 2023 e-book is HERE!*
If you are interested in learning more, or would like to have an all encompassing resource in one easy-to-access location, you can check out my capsule e-book store. My e-book includes tips on building your capsule wardrobe along with a visual guide of 100+ outfit ideas [for the whole season!].
A HUGE amount of effort goes into my capsule posts. If you found my posts helpful and would like to support my work, sharing/pinning is so appreciated and helps spread the word [and is FREE!].If you shop through any of the links on my blog, I may make a small commission and this helps support my blog/work, or you can also check out my e-book store! Thank you so much for the support!
SHOP THE SPRING 2023 CAPSULE WARDROBE
*Items are list in priority of recommendation, so the first item shown is the item I own/most similar to the item I own, and then additional favorites/brand recommendations/different price range items are listed next.
Patricia davis says
So where do u order all this at one time??? I hate shopping….
No! I’ve collected this items over years! That’s the best way to to do. I already had almost every single item going into the new season. Build your wardrobe slowly over time!
I love your sense of style! You have a great eye for fashion.